Karsun Solutions LLC is in the business of solving problems. Since 2009 as a premier consulting services company with a culture of innovation, Karsun is offering a portfolio of Enterprise Modernization services to both civilian and defense Federal agencies. Karsun’s list of strong clientele includes U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. General Services Administration. Karsun combines years of institutional knowledge with a deep commitment to customer relationships, on every project. Karsun is an ISO 9001:2008 and CMMI Level 3 Dev certified organization. Our collective ability and focus on “risk preemption” strategies makes it the perfect partner for any organization, be it a government agency or a private enterprise.
Karsun is seeking an experienced Database Administrator who will have an opportunity to support dynamic requirements and manage relational database management systems ( MySQL server, MariaDb and Percona). Candidates will also enjoy working in an environment devoted to both individual and team success.
• Installation, configuration and upgrading of database management software and related products
• Manage patches and software upgrades
• Design of physical data storage, maintenance, access, and security administration
• Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
• Monitor and maintain the health of the databases and database server environments
• Implement and maintain database security (user management, role management)
• Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
• Design, Develop and implement databases
• Develop Conceptual Data Model, Logical Data Model, Physical Data Model
• Support application development teams with database queries, troubleshooting and optimization
• Prepare and maintain database documentation and standards and present technical briefings to the customer
• Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
• Support end users with data exports and reports
NOTE: This position is contingent upon contract award and funding.
NOTE: This is not a remote position. This position will be located onsite in Washington D.C. during core business hours.
NOTE: This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. No C2H or C2C hires.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
• Proven 7+ year track record of working with MySQL server database management software and related products
• Experience with the following:
o Installation, Configuration and administration of MySQL server, MariaDB and Percona DBMS
o Database Administration on Production Servers with server configuration, monitoring, performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities
o Replication, Backup/Recovery, Disaster recovery and planning.
o Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support.
o Setup of security policies
o Logical and physical data base modeling with UML and ERWIN tools
o Support for application development teams,
o Support for Certification and Accreditation process
o Writing SOPs , Operations manuals
o Capacity Planning
• Experience with MySQL server, MySQL Enterprise, MySQL Workbench, Open Source tools such as Percona Monitoring and Management, Percona toolkit,
• Experience operating in traditional and agile project models
• Strong Interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
• Oracle Certified professional for MySQL database administration
• Database architecture and implementation experience in a cloud environment
• Quick grasp of technical details at a system and component level
NOTE: Successful EOD/Public Trust clearance is required to start.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information