Karsun Solutions LLC is in the business of solving problems. Since 2009 as a premier consulting services company with a culture of innovation, Karsun is offering a portfolio of Enterprise Modernization services to both civilian and defense Federal agencies. Karsun’s list of strong clientele includes U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. General Services Administration. Karsun combines years of institutional knowledge with a deep commitment to customer relationships, on every project. Karsun is an ISO 9001:2008 and CMMI Level 3 Dev certified organization. Our collective ability and focus on “risk preemption” strategies makes it the perfect partner for any organization, be it a government agency or a private enterprise.
Karsun is seeking an experienced Middleware Administrator who will have an opportunity to support dynamic requirements and manage number of middleware technologies (JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, IIS) in Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms. Candidates will also enjoy working in an environment devoted to both individual and team success.
• Installation, configuration and upgrading of middleware software and related products
• Manage patches and software upgrades
• User Account management
• Monitor and maintain the health of the server environments
• Perform tuning and performance monitoring
• Perform application deployments
• Support application development teams with tuning, troubleshooting and optimization
• Prepare and maintain d documentation and standards and present technical briefings to the customer
• Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
• Support end users with access issues
NOTE: This position will be located at the Contractor Site (Herndon) with an option to telework.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
• Proven 7+ year track record of performing installation, configuration and upgrading of one or more of the technologies, software and related products
• Experience with the following:
o Installation, Configuration and administration of one or more of the following such as JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS on windows and linux environments
o Monitoring, performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities
o Designing and running system load/stress testing
o Disaster recovery and planning
o Support for application development teams
o Support for Certification and Accreditation process
o Writing SOPs , Operations manuals
o Capacity Planning
o Good understanding of web server load balancing concepts and experience with highly available distributed environments
• Experience operating in traditional and agile project models
• Strong Interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
• Architecture and implementation experience in a cloud environment
• Automated build and deployment tools (Jenkins)
• Relevant technical certifications
• Experience and/or knowledge of CA Wily Introscope, Siteminder and other monitoring tools
• Experience and/or knowledge of SPLUNK, Elastic Search
• Experience and/or knowledge of DevOps - CI/CD tool chain and successful implementation
NOTE: Successful EOD/Public Trust clearance is required to start.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information