Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and be accountable for company’s finance, accounting, tax, audits and compliance activities.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business.
- Validate corporate assumptions and ensure objective decision-making as appropriate.
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Lead company’s budgeting processes: Develop, Monitor and Maintain budgets throughout the fiscal year.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies and activities.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties (customers and advisors).
- Ensure federal and state taxes are filed timely and accurately.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete Financial Statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Supervises: All finance & accounting staff
Government Contracting experience and Deltek experience required.
Qualifications (Education/Experience) :
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.